Nursery Attendance & Infection Control
Thank you for choosing us to care for your child. We feel it is useful to provide, in writing, some of the information we discussed with you when you first registered your child in our setting, as this will help limit the spread of infection. Please be assured that we follow national guidance to protect the health of all the children in our care.
- If your child is ill, they must not attend childcare
- If your child becomes unwell whilst in our care, we will phone you to agree a time for you to collect them
- Please tell us if your child has been ill while they are away from day care
- If your child has had symptoms of vomiting or diarrhoea (or both), it is essential that they do not attend day care until 48 hours after the symptoms have stopped**
- If you’re not sure, please phone us before you bring your child to day care
- If your child attends any other day care settings, please tell us.
In order to ensure the wellbeing and safety of all children it is essential that parents/carers exercise responsibility to: -
- Keep the nursery/school up to date with telephone numbers and emergency contacts.
- Inform the nursery/school of any pre-arranged absence.
- Inform the nursery/school of their child’s absence no later than 15 minutes after the start of the session.
- Respond promptly to contacts from nursery/school asking why their child is not in nursery.
- Share any concerns they have around their family with nursery staff to help ensure sensitive support for the child; and/or share those concerns with the child’s Named Person.
If Nursery staff are not contacted regarding an absence from nursery the steps outlined in our Nursery Attendance Guidance will be followed: http://www.lethamprimary.org.uk/News/Nursery-Attendance/
As your child mixes with other children, it is important that they are protected and up-to-date with their immunisations. You can access further information about the immunisation schedule at http://www.immunisationscotland.org.uk
If you think your child has missed any vaccinations please contact your general practice to arrange an appointment. You can also ask your health visitor for advice.
**Please note we follow the NHS guidance regarding recommended exclusion times for identified illnesses and infections: http://www.hps.scot.nhs.uk/resourcedocument.aspx?id=5598 (See p27-29)