15th September 2017
Primary 2 Blog!
Lovely Maths Learning Week!
Primary 2 had a lovely maths week learning about number maths. We were learning our new Learn It’s e.g. 2 + 1 = 3 and we are getting better at our “switcher” sums like 2 + 3 = 5 and 3 + 2 = 5. We are learning triangle sums too!
We liked learning about solid shapes and we made our pirates out of a cone shape. It was amazing! We liked taking our cone pirates home! Primary 2 has been learning to name 3D shapes. We know a cone shape and some of us know a pyramid and are learning a ball shape is a sphere.
Our fun maths was learning how pirates read a map using co-ordinates – letter then number e.g. C2. We worked with a partner to put pirate pictures in a box. We had to take turns and we all did a good job!
On Friday we made our very own pirate map and Mrs Adamson gave us co-ordinates to draw pictures on our maps!
We scrunched our maps up to make them look old and then painted over our map! What fun we had during maths week!
A Little Reminder!
- Please send in reading every day and on Friday please remind your child to put his/her reading folder in the red box so I can prepare it for the following week! Many thanks, Mrs Adamson
- Thank you for sending in your child’s gym kit, most children now have a kit in school. Gym days are usually Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Primary 2 and Mrs Adamson
27th August 2017
Blogging in Primary 2!
We have been enjoying our story time and a favourite story so far is "Room on the Broom!"We enjoyed spotting the rhyming words and joining in the reading with our teacher Mrs Adamson! Another favourite story has been "Smiley Shark" and we have been exploring our feeling words and have been learning other words for "happy" - pleased/delighted.
Primary 2 really enjoyed bringing in their toy as a reward from "Lenny our Learning Lion" for keeping the Golden Rules and had a happy time together. Children may bring in a toy each Friday but please do not send in any expensive or really precious toys. The children have been reminded that they are responsible for looking after the toy.
Thank you for sending in your child with a jacket. Please remind your child to hang the jacket on his/her peg and not keep it in his/her school bag as it saves time going up and down the stairs when a jacket is required for going outside.Many thanks for your support with this.
We are looking forward to exploring our PIRATE context and are going to be painting pirates too! Please could you send in an old t shirt or shirt that can be kept in school to cover your child's smart school clothes. Thank you!
Primary 2 are getting ready to start reading in their groups so expect reading home the week beginning 28th August. Please come and ask if you are unsure how to support your child.
Primary 2 and Mrs Adamson
19th August 2017
Welcome back to the new 2017 - 18 session!
I hope you all had a lovely summer holiday with your family! It is lovely for me to be back at school and welcoming my new Primary 2 class. We are all going to be busy, busy learners! Your child is working really hard at learning the new routines and expectations in Primary 2 and how to come up and down the stairs safely.
It was lovely to see and meet family members at the meet the Teacher afternoon on Friday. Thank you all for coming, spending time in the classroom and helping me learn more about your child.
Just to let you know . . . . .
- P.E. is on Tuesdays and Wednesdays each week with Mrs Low who the children know well from their Primary one year. Class P.E is on Thursday. Please make sure your child has a named gym kit plain gym T shirt, shorts/joggers and gym shoes in a named bag for their gym lessons each week. Primary 2 gym bags will be kept in tubs in the classroom so they are always available.
- The class will participate in daily exercise outdoors so it is really important that your child has a jacket every day in school as we know the weather can be very changeable in Scotland!!
- Water bottles are kept in a tray in the classroom and children are encouraged to sip water throughout the day. Your child will bring their bottle home each day to be washed and refilled. Thank you for your support with this.
If you would like a chat about your child, please contact the office to make an appointment, send in a wee note to me or come and chat to me at the end of the school day. I am always happy to help and support you.